Oxytocin is one of the body’s busiest hormones. Apart from aiding in childbirth and lactation, it regulates sexual arousal and helps you reach an orgasm. Oxytocin is also responsible for romantic attachments, parent-infant bonding, trust and recognition, and other social interactions.
Given most of its functions, it shouldn’t be surprising to note that Oxytocin is known as the “love hormone” or the “cuddle hormone.” The name might sound cringe, but it’s true – research has shown that your Oxytocin levels are at their peak when you’ve just experienced an orgasm.
That said, the utility of Oxytocin doesn’t start and end with making you fall in love. Preclinical studies have found that systemic administration of Oxytocin helps with muscle regeneration, with Oxytocin supplementation reportedly helping old and tired muscles look like new.
This guide will tell you all you need to know about Oxytocin. We’ll start by discussing what this hormone is and how it works. Next, we’ll focus on the benefits it could offer to bodybuilders, athletes, and everyone else. You’ll also get to know the best Oxytocin dosage for bodybuilding.
What is Oxytocin?
Oxytocin is a peptide hormone (made up of amino acids) and nootropic. It is produced by the hypothalamus, the brain region that controls heart rate and blood pressure. From the hypothalamus, Oxytocin travels to the human posterior pituitary gland, which releases it into the bloodstream.
Most of this hormone’s functions in your body either involve love-making or its consequences. For instance, in addition to helping you get erections and reach an orgasm. Oxytocin receptor gene is responsible for contractions during labor and lactation after childbirth.
Small wonder, then, it is named after a Greek word that translates to “swift birth”. The name is the brainchild of Sir Henry Dale, who discovered this hormone. He came up with it after noting that the uterus of a pregnant cat contracted (as in childbirth) after ingesting Oxytocin.
However, as noted above, Oxytocin performs more functions than just getting you ‘in the mood’. Recent research has indicated that it can stimulate muscle growth and help regenerate worn-out muscles. Oxytocin has also exhibited the ability to cause weight loss in humans.
How Oxytocin Works
- Stimulate uterine contractions during childbirth. After being released by the posterior pituitary gland (a small pea-sized gland at the base of your brain), Oxytocin travels to the uterus to force contractions and aid in childbirth. [R]
- Stimulate contractions of myoepithelial cells in the alveolar ducts in the breast after childbirth. This enables it to stimulate lactation or the production and release of milk from the mammary glands in the breasts. [R]
- Direct sperm transfer from the vagina to the fallopian tube. This explains why increased Oxytocin motility is crucial for helping sperm reach their destination, linking this hormone with pregnancy advancing. [R]
- Stimulates smooth muscles of the male reproductive tract, causing penile erections and orgasm. Unfortunately, it also creates a not-so-insignificant link between Oxytocin and premature ejaculation or worse. [R]
- Acts as a chemical messenger in the brain. Due to this action, Oxytocin appears to play a crucial role in many human sexual and social interaction behaviors. Keep in mind that Oxytocin induces these effects in women too.
- Develops and regenerates skeletal muscle. In vivo evidence has demonstrated that Oxytocin has potent effects on the building, re-building, and homeostasis (state of balance) of the skeletal muscle. [R]
Oxytocin Benefits for Bodybuilding
Athletes and bodybuilders will be happy to note that Oxytocin supplementation helps build muscle mass, increase endurance, and shred body fat. It also increases osteoblasts formation and bone density, thereby reducing your risk of fractures after a mishap in the gym.
Here are the proven benefits of Oxytocin for bodybuilding:
1) Encourages growth of lean muscle mass
Oxytocin has been proven to stimulate significant increases in lean muscle mass.
According to a double-blind, placebo-controlled trial, Oxytocin nasal spray (24 IU 4 times per day for eight weeks) significantly increased whole-body lean mass in adults. Equally importantly, there were no negative changes in cholesterol, triglyceride, or BMI. [R]
2) Regenerates old and worn-out muscles
Oxytocin doesn’t only help you put on new muscle.
A 2014 study reported that this supplement could also help you retain the muscle-related gains you have worked so hard to achieve. The study reported that up to 80 percent of the treated muscles experienced regeneration following the administration of this supplement. [R]
3) Promotes lipolysis or burning of body fat
Talk about having your cake and eating it too.
In addition to encouraging the growth of new muscles and regenerating those that have gone into disuse, Oxytocin can also stimulate fat loss. This may indirectly implicate it in muscle growth as the energy previously used by the fats would now be consumed by muscles. [R]
4) May enhance muscle quality and strength
Researchers have discovered how Oxytocin may improve muscle strength.
After entering the bloodstream, this supplement penetrates the slow-twitch muscle, where it triggers the same contractions as it does in the uterus. This, the researchers hypothesize, implicates Oxytocin in the increase in muscle strength in fight/flight response (i.e., when you’re lifting weights). [R]
5) May enhance physical performance
There may be a link between higher Oxytocin levels and increased physical performance.
A 2012 review argued that positive emotions and pro-social behavior are associated with improved performance in competitive settings. Since Oxytocin induces the same feelings and emotions, its higher levels could lead to enhanced physical performance. [R]
Other Oxytocin Benefits
Over the last century, multiple preclinical studies and human trials have been conducted on Oxytocin. These have shown that Oxytocin supplementation could make you better at social interactions, enhance typical maternal behavior, stimulate weight loss, and more.
Here are the research-backed benefits of Oxytocin supplementation:
- Increases sexual satisfaction. A clinical study involving 58 healthy adults (29 heterosexual couples) indicated that synthetic Oxytocin injections improved sexual intensity and orgasm satisfaction in both partners. [R]
- Suppresses appetite to induce weight loss. One dose of intranasal Oxytocin (24 UI per day for eight weeks) produced significant weight loss and reduced waist circumference in overweight men and women. [R]
- Improves attention to others’ feelings. In a double-blind, between-group design, intranasal Oxytocin administration increased attention to feelings in older men, but reduced it in older female participants. [R]
- Exerts anti-inflammatory effects. A cell-based study has demonstrated that Oxytocin exerts anti-inflammatory actions in the (myocardium) heart muscle by decreasing the infiltration of immune cells. [R]
- Induces pain-relieving effects. Various human studies have demonstrated that Oxytocin exerts pain-relieving effects in measures of deep tissue sensation (muscle pain) or in deep tissue pain disorders (migraine). [R]
You might want to note that Oxytocin creates a feedback loop in the body. This means that the higher the plasma Oxytocin levels in the body, the higher the Oxytocin release from the pituitary gland (brain and spinal cord). [R]
What Does Oxytocin Feel Like?
One Oxytocin user claims that they feel ‘very relaxed and happy’ after dosing this supplement. They further insist that this supplement can’ relieve anxiety and stress within minutes’, potentially pointing to its mood-enhancing effects. [R]
Another user opines that their ‘anxiety has been non-existent’ until they messed up with dosing. This serves as a warning to those who intend to dose this drug very high. [R]
For athletes and bodybuilders, the optimal Oxytocin dosage ranges between 30 and 70 mcg per day.
If you are a new user with no prior experience with bodybuilding supplements, it’s suggested to start with 30 mcg daily. Monitor for a few days how your body reacts to this supplement. If you don’t experience any adverse effects, gradually increase the dosage.
How to Take Oxytocin
Oxytocin comes in two forms: spray and powder. The spray form is the one that has undergone various clinical trials and preclinical studies (whose results are reported above). However, Pure Rawz’ Oxytocin Powder is equally high quality and comes with independent lab reports.
Regardless of which form you opt to take, bodybuilders have a general consensus that you should take it after training, just before bedtime. Also, if you opt to inject this drug, make sure to do so subcutaneously (inject it under the skin) for maximum effects.
The best way however, in my opinion, is to just get an Oxytocin spray bottle from PureRawz. That’s all you need, then just take one spray in each nostril each day. It’s very easy and quick to do, and no injections are required for it.
Oxytocin Side Effects
Oxytocin is generally well-tolerated by most users. This has been proven by multiple clinical studies that have been conducted on this supplement over the last many decades.
However, in rare cases and/or in the case of overdose, some adverse reactions may occur, including confusion, itching, dizziness, or weakness. Speak to your doctor immediately if you experience any of these effects and feel like you need medical attention.
Where to Buy Oxytocin?
Pure Rawz is the best place to buy Oxytocin online.
Pure Rawz provides reference materials with every product we sell. All of their products come with an independent, third-party-issued Certificate of Analysis for identification, purity, and concentration.
Pure Rawz also offers free international shipping on all orders above $100. You can pay for your purchase through various methods, including PayPal and Bitcoin.
Oxytocin is a hormone naturally produced in the hypothalamus gland that regulates human sexual response. Research has shown that it can stimulate sodium excretion, modulate sexual behavior, and regulate maternal behavior. Plus, it can encourage muscle growth and cause fat burning.
If you’re looking to get the purest, best stuff online, we recommend you check out the Oxytocin for sale from PureRawz. Every batch of their Oxytocin is 3rd party verified for the utmost purity.
Use the discount code “MD15” and you’ll get 15% off your order.
As always, if you have any questions, feel free to let us know!